Sunday 4 July 12:00 (GMT +0)
A workshop suitable for beginners
Online, Zoom and (Instagram live for those who would like to watch)
Suitable for beginners, this alternative processes course introduces participants to the use of a traditional Victorian photographic technique as a way of creating unique images from home.
- Introduction to cyanotype & alternative processes
- A brief history of pioneers and contemporary artists who work with cyanotype.
- Mixing chemistry & coating paper by hand.
- Creating a first cyanotype print with a digital negative or objects
- Washing ‘fixing’ first print
- Creating a second print
- Bleaching and toning print with tea
- Washing ‘fixing’ second print
- Dry and exhibit
- Finish for the day
You will need:
- Ammonium Ferric Citrate
- Potassium Ferricyanide
- Jacquard Cyanotype Set (Optional)
- Sodium carbonate, (washing soda)
- Hydrogen Peroxide (Optional)
- Tea bags
- Water (distilled if possible)
- Watercolour Paper
- Measuring Graduate
- 3 containers for mixing
- Sink or bucket or tray
- Clothesline (optional)
- Clothespins (optional)
There are a maximum of 15 places available for the session, so early booking is essential.